Privacy

   With the creation of new media, our privacy is becoming more insecure. People can easily get your personal information online, in all the online account you have. With Facebook, we think if we have the privacy setting to high, our information will be safe. Strangers are still able to access to users personal information easily. People are able to see which school you are going to, which address you are living in, and your phone number that is on the file. People are also getting the access to the profile picture. My own experience, I have experienced where a stranger got my picture from my Facebook account, and he created another account with my picture on it. Pretending he was me, and sending out the friend requests to my friends. He also copied all my posts, and create the same account as I do. He was chatting with my friends with that Facebook account, and my friend thought that was me until a friend of my told me this issue. There was no way to protect my personal information against strangers and I wasn't able to report and ban his account. I think new media can't keep our personal information safe, people are able to get the access to our private information if they want to. After that, I never put my own picture and personal information on any website, I think that is the best way to protect our privacy.

Comments

Popular Posts